Rural and Nothern Immigration Pilot Program
IRCC has opened a new federal pathway for the qualified foreign nationals to work and obtain
Permanent Resident status in Canada through the new program known as “Rural and Nothern
RNIP is a community driven program. Certain communities from below mentioned states are
going to take part in this program, where the employers from these communities will post
vacancies/demanded occupations list. The applicants who will meet the eligibility criteria
(mentioned below), will be able to submit applications. After submission, communities will have
a review of applications and based on their preference and interest, communities will contact
the applicants via email correspondence.
About the process
There are 4 steps to applying for permanent residence under this pilot.
- Check that you meet both
a. IRCC eligibility requirements and
b. the community-specific requirements.
- Find an eligible job with an employer in one of the participating communities.
- Once you have a job offer, submit your application for recommendation to the
- If a community recommends you, apply for permanent residence.
Here is the list of Communities participating in RNIP. There are 11 communities in total.
- North Bay, ON
- Sudbury, ON
- Timmins, ON
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Thunder Bay, ON
- Brandon, MB
- Altona/Rhineland, MB
- Moose Jaw, SK
- Claresholm, AB
- Vernon, BC
- West Kotenay (Trail, Castlegar, Rossland, Nelson), BC
Eligibility to apply for RNIP:
- Minimum 1 year experience in demanded occupation falling in the last 3 years.
- French test or General IELTS result (see guide table below for required scores).
- ECA report. Should be High school or more than High school equivalency holder.
- NOC code should match the occupation demanded.
- Updated resume.
Intend to Live in the community.
For further discussion please email at email@example.com or you can also call us at
+971 4 523 2432